Fifth Biomedical Engineering Education Summit Meeting
May 29 - 31, 2024
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Newark, New Jersey
Bryan Pfister, PhD
Jonathan Grasman, PhD
Evaluate our collective goals for biomedical engineering education and to develop approaches to our challenges as we navigate an evolving student population with different teaching, motivational, and support needs. Building diversity in the biomedical engineering workforce will be integrated throughout the program.
For an inclusive conference, we will be surveying the BME community for input on timely and necessary themes and topics to include in the final program. Look for the survey in the second half of April 2023.
- Generate publications from each Summit theme to capture approaches to current challenges and best practices to submit to the Journal of Biomedical Engineering Education.
- Record the conference sessions as a reference for individuals that could not attend the conference or all sessions.
Summit Format for each Theme
- Opening expert plenary presentation
- Session A: 6 parallel subtopic roundtable discussions
- Session B: Repeat of session A, rotating attendees
- Refreshment Break
- Summary and outcome reporting from each subtopic roundtable.
Registration costs and timeline:
- Up to 3 registrants per institution
- Register early for your choice of sessions
- December 1 – January 31 - $350
- Late February 1 – February 14 $450
- open to additional registrations up to 500
Will open in early 2024. Up to three registrants per Institution are welcomed. After registration deadline, open registration up to 500 attendees.
NJIT in Newark, New Jersey is located in close proximity to Newark International Airport, Amtrak’s Northeast Corridor, Newark Pennsylvania Station and less than 20min commute from Manhattan, NYC. The NJIT campus is a few miles off Interstate 95, the NJ turnpike, and has ample on-campus parking available for free. There are many hotels close to NJIT campus, several in walking distance or a short light rail ride to the center of campus.