The Undergraduate Coordinator and the Programs Director of BME are the advisors to all undergraduate students. The Undergraduate Coordinator also approves BME transfer credits from other institutions. Registration begins late in the Fall and Spring semesters for the following semester. Check the website of the Registrar for specific dates. All students are required to meet with the Student Advisor before registration to remove the registration hold. Advising periods begin on March 1 for Fall semester and October 1st for Spring semester,
To obtain an appointment with the Student Advisor and register, follow the procedure outlined below:
- Find your advisor from the list below and click on the relevant link to make an appointment
- Before you meet with the Student Advisor, fill out the curriculum form specific to your intended track of study within BME (Biomechanics, Biomaterials, Bioinstrumentation, or Pre-Health). Underclassmen who have not yet decided their track can choose the Undecided curriculum form.
- Have a tentative list of courses ready to discuss with the Student Advisor.
- Meet with the Student Advisor at the scheduled time and have the registration hold removed.
- Register for the selected courses online through the NJIT self-registration system. Please see the registrar website for additional information.
Freshmen and Sophomores:
Juniors, Seniors and Co-ops:
Special Permits for Registration
You may need a permit for registration errors due to missing prerequisites, field of study errors, honors cohort errors, year errors, bridge permits, or to request entry into a class which has reached its maximum enrollment size.
Please use this form to obtain permits for BME COURSES ONLY. Permit requests for courses outside the BME department will not be addressed. You permit request will be evaluated by the Student Advisor and granted if appropriate.