Students are required to see their academic advisor each semester
NEW ADVISEMENT FORMS
WITH ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION ARE READY
We appreciate your patience and support as we adopt this new electronic process which will allow 1) The faculty to plan the number of sections per course needed and 2) Electronic Repository of advisement forms for easier access and communication between students and advisors.
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS (ALSO AVAILABLE ON MOODLE):
Students, we appreciate your patience as we migrate to new advising forms with an electronic submission process. Based upon student feedback, the BME faculty have created new advisement forms that specify:
1. Recommended 8 semester course schedule.
2. Prerequisites of each course.
3. Semester(s) that the course is taught.
4. Number of lecture, laboratory and credits towards the degree.
Please follow these directions for a successful advisement session:
1. Make sure you have Adobe 11 (to download go here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/). Download the Advisement Form for your track (see links below).
2. Prof. Erdi will email you to determine which track and adviser you had last semester.
3. You will be placed in a Moodle Group where you will need to fill an advisement form that is track specific or undeclared.
|Advisement Forms (Fall 2014 - present) (PDF)||Registration Forms||Prerequisite Trees (PDF)|
|Click here for Advisement Forms prior to Fall 2014|
4. Type in all information denoted with a red box:
b. NJIT ID #
c. Year Entered
e. For each class box enter the semester you completed or plan to take the course for as many classes as you can. IE: if you finished PHY121 in the Spring 2010 type S2010 OR if you plan to take BME 302 in the Fall 2013 type F2013; for summer courses please type U20XX. For BME105 and BME 106 please type the two semesters when you finished the courses, such as F2012 and S2013, for example.
5. Submit this Advisement page as a homework assignment on Moodle.
6. Sign-Up for an face-to-face advisement session on Moodle.
7. Your advisor will discuss your course selection for the next term and create a plan towards graduation. Your advisor will then remove your hold in Banner.
8. Your advisor will edit your form and grade it via Moodle signifying you both agree with the schedule which acts as an electronic signature and approval.
9. Your advisor will print the form, sign and copy the form for each of your records.
Undergraduate Program Director
Graduate Program Director
Treena Livingston Arinzeh
Bioinstrumentation Track Coordinator
Master's Program Coordinator
Biomaterials Track Coordinator
|Undergraduate Program Coordinator
608 Fenster Hall
Phone: (973) 596-3556
Biomechanics Track Coordinator