The educational programs in biomedical engineering integrate physical, chemical, mathematical, and computational sciences with engineering principles to study biology, medicine, behavior, and health. Students at all levels of study learn to develop practical applications of scientific knowledge for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disease, for patient rehabilitation, and for improving health.
NJIT's Department of Biomedical Engineering is pioneering an innovative approach to education -- a hands-on, studio-based program. Check out the degree programs and courses offered in biomedical engineering.
BS in Biomedical Engineering
Biomedical engineering students combine a study of fundamental biological and physiological processes with a study of engineering methods.
- Objectives of the BS in Biomedical Engineering Program
- Learning Outcomes for the BS in Biomedical Engineering Program
- Read about the BS program in the university catalog.
- See what courses are offered in biomedical engineering.
- Print out a fact sheet about the BS program.
Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering
The MS in the Biomedical Engineering program stresses the application of the principles and practices of engineering, science and mathematics in solving clinical problems in medicine and surgery.
- On-line Guide for MS Students
- See a Sample Thesis Abstract
- Read about the MS program in the university catalog.
- Take a look at course descriptions for classes offered in the program.
- Print out a fact sheet about the MS program
PhD in Biomedical Engineering
The Doctor of Philosophy in Biomedical Engineering offers advanced graduate education providing students with the skills necessary for careers in basic and applied research, as well as the intellectual foundation to provide leadership in academia and industry. The PhD is jointly awarded by NJIT and Rutgers University.